Sunday, March 17, 2013

Assignment 2 submission - Hana Trees


This photo was taken on a sunny day while we were driving to Hana on Maui. The trees are beautiful with their colorful bark and they are extremely tall. I again chose my 18 - 55 mm lens because I wanted to get as much of the trees in the image as possible. I chose to use a portrait orientation to capture the height of the trees. There was a row of them and I framed them from close to one of the trees looking past toward the others so they would look a little like a row of columns. This photo has been cropped to remove elements that distracted from the look I was going for ~ a little brush from behind the first tree and another overhanging branch from the top that I felt made the photo too busy. It was processed in Lightroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment