Sunday, April 21, 2013

Runners up for Photography Project 3

I grabbed my camera and went hiking up above Anchorage several times in the last couple of weeks to work on my current class project and came across these rabbit tracks in the snow. This is one of my favorite photos from these trips, but had to narrow things down to 4 photos. I processed this in B&W because I like the tonal quality I felt that color distracted from it. I used a low f-stop and high shutterspeed because it was a very bright sunny day and I was really close to the tracks. I wish now that I had taken shots from several different angles. 1/2000, F/4.0, ISO 100, 18 mm (EF-S18-55 f/3.5-5.6)  taken 4/14/13.

This isn't the greatest photo by any stretch of the imagination, but it is the 1st photograph I have ever taken of the Aurora Borealis, so I'm a pretty proud of it. 10 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 400, 18 mm. Taken 4/13/13.




 From the alder bushes in front of my house. I worked a lot on macro shots and didn't have a lot of luck, especially with my macro lens. I didn't use it for this photo. I love macro photography, so I really hope I can work through the issues I have been having focusing with that lens. 1/40 sec @ f/14, ISO 100, 48 mm. Taken 4/15/13.

My Husband love this photo; he thinks the framing is cool. I like it too I only wish the background trees and shadows were in better focus. 1/125 sec @ f14, ISO 100, 24 mm. Taken 4/15/13.





All of these are runners up from images taken of icicles dripping from my back porch. They were taken over several days, until all the snow there melted. I had so much fun doing these :-) Taken 4/12-15/13.


Added this photo to show the context the droplet photos were taken in.  ~ Eva




No comments:

Post a Comment